Happiness is…Posted: October 26, 2011
It seems as though everyone is searching for happiness. We search, we find, we lose, we fail, we strive for it like it is some long-lost treasure, buried under years of stress and conditioning. But what is happiness really? Happiness is a range of positive emotions and a mental state of well-being. But more importantly happiness can be whatever you want it to be. Happiness is not some long-lost treasure, and if we treat it as such, we will never be happy. Here are some things that I have learnt about happiness:
1. … being in the moment. Enjoying your life, who you are, what you are doing right now.
2. …loving yourself.
3. …when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
4. …loving the people around you, for the good and the bad.
5. … is an experience, not a demonstration.
6. …finding the beauty in your everyday life.
7. …transcendent and ever-changing. It is universal and ever-present.
8. … appreciating sadness. Without sadness we would never know happiness. Feel it, appreciate it, then let it go to make room for happiness.
9. …being genuine and kind to those around you.
10. …your choice.