No-bake vegan oatmeal squaresPosted: December 4, 2011
I don’t have an oven, and sometimes I really feel like some baked awesomeness. So, I decided to try my hand at making some no- bake oatmeal squares They came out pretty well, I struggled to get them to bind well, but really yummy and healthy anyways! They really hit the spot!
Oatmeal is a versatile ingredient. It tastes good with many different flavors and keeps you feeling full for a long time. It also helps to lower cholesterol and reduce high blood pressure.
You can add pretty much any nut/seed or dried fruit to this recipe. But this is how I made my oatmeal squares.
2 bananas, 2 cups oats, a handful of almonds, a handful of dried cranberries, a handful of raisins, 50 ml soy milk, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, 1 tablespoon agar powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Blend the bananas.
2. Add the blended banana to the oats, add the cranberries, almonds and raisins. Mix a little.
3. Add the soy milk, maple syrup and the agar powder and cinnamon. Mix a little more.
4. Put the mixture in the microwave for about 1 min 30 secs. Take out and mix again.
5. The mixture should be thick and sticky. If it isn’t sticky add some more maple syrup or soy milk, and a little extra agar podwer. Put the mixture into a 20cm tray, push down with a spoon until the mixture is evenly dispersed in the tray.
6. Put in the fridge for 2-3 hours to set.
7. EAT AND ENJOY!